The Best DSLR Camera Lenses For Video Production

The Best DSLR Camera Lenses For Video Production





and it's upsetting me talking about which lenses work best for video I'm
low hello mam some kid
SDSR guide see a today a base unit
just talk it through arm what a good set lenses would be
I'll what's good for the first lens and down
talk you through a little bit about lenses generally which ones work best
video
and down talking about you know price on their perfect home
factors that come into which leads to get because it's pretty big question
home and there's a very vast selection so
the first lens dark when you get as many people tell you
is a standard zoom I'm so
this is where if you you have a crop sensor camera the kit lens
it's a pretty good place to start I'll arm but bear in mind
it's at fort 5.6 which means that
it's not great in low-light arm Owens's
all f2.8 although it crosses amos's
really great because I'm the majority time in tissue 2.8
and um to have the extra light is just is just very helpful
but obviously that does come at a cost so
recommendations are if you're pretty low on money
forgetting any low-end camera like a by 50-day 680
I'll then I would definitely recommend
that you arm get the kit lens if you just dying I'll
and you're looking into you know not so what you gonna continue for make you know
um see a kit lens you know has a nice im range from 18 to 55
as that's pretty much perfect ALM for Jenna walk run mens
but he'd in terms of shot miss it's not great
and you do get the problem of it being
effort 5.6 so obviously I was sunny days going to work
as good as many lenses but if you're
endorse the new have little trouble home with noise
now if you you go full frame on camera
then this is where so much 24 to 70 arm
is is a perfect same range and down
declined to most popular ones are Canon 24-70 which is really expensive
kinda 24-25 which is great because
I S up and it's not that expensive there is no ans
arm but it is an F-four so it's not quite as bright as
f2.8 I'll but my personal recommendation
is the Tamron 2470 because
arm has been many tests against the cannons and it's almost to shopperscanon
armpits ready well-built lens
and elm has I S which means
you have the benefits of arm the Canon F
for with the home like
of the 24-70 so it's 2470 armed 2.8
I S which is basically that's that's pretty much the perfect war crimes
lands far as I'm concerned has really good I S and down
Anya it's not a great zoom range
so that would I think that would work great for are if you have
crops and to come as well so basically
if you're short money get the kit lens I may have a bit more money
then I recommend you get arm the time one
17 250 to play VC arm
because that has the same seeming to the kit lens
which is really great but it last have a constant to putting
aperture and what may not be the sharpest lens
arm my copy sonny's is very shop up
and you know shot miss on the 680 or crops that scammer
isn't so much a big deal arm you know it's not gonna be that noticeable
and M to be honest I think the most important thing i the
you I so is lower I don't have a Laura so
because mapucchi was opened up dad a
not show blends thing I makes more difference I'm so
I really like my time when I'm 1750
he works great and is perfect for
crop sensor buddy bear in mind that sonya crops and the Kama
as any concerns lens so if you're looking to upgrade 25 deal something
that it won't work anymore so once you've got a standard zoom
I recommend that you get now
one kind of standard prime because
for me I'm prime lenses I don't worry
get on the 12 primes I'll but you know allows you to have a much faster
arm aperture and elm
now you know they're cheaper & Shop and zoom lenses
but obviously don't have the versatility of zemin
on which for me personally his I find very important fishing events
and then you really do need
you read it needs ima as a man's and everything is it
you know if your seeing a short film is great you have to have a self primes
24 pay 550 85 almanac
you know you can use will be much help either be much brighter
number that gets expensive and you
you know on a short film that's fine can you cancel plans all the time by fishing event
then you really con home so balances so
that's why I prefer to just go with a mid-range zoom
by would recommend the trial primes especially if you got the kit lens
indefinite right 15 anyone but a arms so that you can kind of get a taste for
what a bright shell plans like
and after that I would suggest that you
look into telephoto lens the kids I'll
for me I really liked her for to look and those that think that
you know fishing events telephoto
arm length is a really important because you often con- get right in the front
home and what you know you could show you how short film
apt 50 millimetres it's good to have that kind of diversity
of um up the main discuss will make you look more cinematic
so for me re: like that compressed look
Ave 7200 home you know anything above
I'm is a5 I think that's really great say I personally like telephoto lenses
ALM if I to choose between sense 211 216
a definite sense 200 arms and Siri
love yourself now the next question is which one to get
so again you have three categories you can get the
18-200 from Canon which is a
AFS lane so any work on crop sensor cameras
but it does give you zoom range but again it's therefore 25.6
arm and it's not very very high court led to talk
I'm so it's cheap but it's not as bright no no
as well in low light and
to build quality and the shop miss here a reason
up to par the part of the more expensive lenses
but again if you're on a budget and this may be something to consider
now arm the next 1 I'd recommend is probably the best
for value is the Tamron arm send two hundred
2.8 non-pc so this is a quite old lens
but down isn't the what I've heard about it is there
it the autofocus is a very good which for video is fine
down and but it's really sharp and
arm to plan a obviously me nice bright
and sense 200 is great range so
it kind of has all the features you need beautifully what do folks is pretty slow
it gives you everything found that you
one in a video ends at a far better price than the Canon
l-series ones now arm
I do have the come sensitivity when it from Karen
which is kinda universally known as a re high quality great lens
I'll but I got I know is my hat
is because I'll a VB I bet I got second hand
I scare pick up a really good deal because it's home slightly faulty
um but if I you know I wouldn't spend
ALM full-price for the Canon near is my clothes cuz I catch mice to get it
cheaper in the talent so time was about forty fifty quid
home and the cannon is about 900 now you can get the sense 204
again it's a bit darker if you miss you cycle time that's fine
but for me I really liked at issue a Tiffany
and I know obviously you can get eternity injured
ALM I S but then the country stocking
expensive by Canon and time would have really great
com since 230 pony I S home
and you know what I'm sure the great
to be honest it's just not I'm I think it's worth the money
for me I'd say I'm having aperture f2.8 is probably one of the most important
features
shot miss doesn't matter so much for me arm
you know people often side of pixel people saying
film does it really matter that much is a general audience we can notice how
shoppers
arm I think having average of 2.8
is pray the most important film thing and then
was wanna bang mind the focus toward so my sense to you and it has a really
great
focus though but my Tamron 17-50
which is cheaper lens it's less than 90 degrees which makes it quite tricky to
get Smith
folks polls and fine 15-20 small movements
but yet so if you have that's where
price just come into it and kit lens and
Taman to 1750 of consumer
but you get that 2.8 arm
which is really good I think so
for me that makes it worth the extra money into the kit lens
home but I haven't yet found it possible to spend
600 pounds on a 24-70 VC but that would be my next
a great part of home
CNN in terms if wide-angle lenses um
having this 1750 17 is plenty wide enough for me
how many be same kid 18 marriage is pretty much the same
ALM for me I don't personally like the curve wide-angle
are my try to avoid using it too much because you
terms faces make anything distorted and down
edges I stern don't think it looks like a good but you know if using Steadicam
if you're using
a slider that it really does help to ease when England's to accentuate their
detail in every lens has its purpose but for me
I feel like wide-angle lens would stay my back too much
com but if you are doing where state videos
arm then you know it's something the email when you see it
to get everything in the shop be a so in summary
on you have three kind of price brackets either the kit lens
and the I'm can 8200
gives in ICM range but you can a missile on the helm
wide aperture or you go down slightly more expensive route
Tamron 1750 PC
and the Tamron 70-200 how best to put it was kinda length but
it's pretty good I'm still and this could this is kinda like you mid-range
and then you have high-end down 24 /7 TVC
and Sims two hundred Canon I'll the candidate think is
is I'll has been very good value
down and the Thai food seventy is
really great home and I think that's a better choice than me
the Canon 24-70 with Hannah 24-25
but the one thing to have about lenses arm is that
lenses or something really worth investing in US first look into camera
stuff
housing yet fifty-minute will put a and then a big to Japan showed a wreck
and then I kind of realized actually less is more important and
breaks in mexico found a very exciting
you know they look cool actually length is very important
arm so you know it's all kind have to scale up what your budget is
so why wouldn't say you know gone spend ninety pounds and lenses
if you gonna if you're serious about filmmaking you gonna spend you know
to Brandon on stuff from his a big portion that needs to be a tremendous
is very important